Three Different Ways to Export Exchange Mailbox to PST
Exchange Server environment is used by almost each an every organization to keep all emails or databases in an organized manner in EDB file format. It is the most important file for any Exchange Administrator user as it contains lots of crucial data in it. But sometimes, users look for a solution to export Exchange mailbox to PST format. There can be many possible reasons behind such type of migration like corruption in data, inaccessible files, etc. It can be due to virus or malware attack or because of large size database. Thus, to keep the Exchange data safe and secure, it is beneficial to extract EDB file to PST format. Hence, this post will make it easy for the users to add Exchange to MS Outlook.
Different Methods to Extract Mailbox From EDB to PST
Method #1: Migrate EDB Mailboxes to PST Via PowerShell Commands
Follow the steps mentioned below to export Exchange mailbox to PST format:
- First of all, click on the Start button >> open PowerShell window on the local system
- After that, you need to create a shared folder on the network and archive PST file containing exported mailboxes of Exchange Server in the shared folder
- Then, simply add all library files that are important for exporting using command given below:
- Now, execute the MailboxExportRequest PowerShell command, which is comprises mentioned below two major attributes:
FilePath: It define the sharing path on the network where PST file need to be transferred.
Mailbox: It will represent either mailbox name or mailbox SMTP address that need to be exported
- After receiving values from the above two parameters, run the command below:
After executing all above commands properly, one has successfully exported Exchange mailbox to PST file format. The above method will migrate all data of a single mailbox to PST format. However, if a user wants to convert selective data, then he or she needs to use some additional parameters:
- Exclude or Include Folder: It will let users export only required Exchange email folders to PST by executing the command below:
- IsArchive: If a user wants to export only archive data, then run the command below:
- Content Filtering: In order to export Exchange mailbox to PST from particular time duration, then use this parameter and run the following cmdlet:
Method #2: Export Exchange Mailbox to Outlook PST Via ExMerge Utility
Another possible way is with the help of ExMerge program, which is now not available in the latest versions of Microsoft Exchange. It is the free application that allows Exchange Administrator to export Exchange mailbox to PST format without any limitations. Now, to use this application, follow the steps of ExMerge, follow the steps mentioned below:
- To download the ExMerge application on the machine, click on the link https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=2743
- After that, you need to double-click on the EXE file and directly login into Exchange account. The Exchange Mailbox Merge pane is displayed in front of you
- Then, choose the Extract and Import (One-Step Procedure) button >> click Next
- Now, the Data Selection Criteria window will pop-up. Here, click on the Import Procedure and activate Archive data to target store option. Click on the Apply button
- Next, you need to click on the Message Details tab from the same panel and enter the required values. Then, review all credentials typed by you and click on the Apply >> OK button
- The mailboxes that exists in Microsoft Exchange server is displayed in front of you. You just need to choose the desired mailbox and click on the Next button
- Next, click on the Change Folder button and define the path where you want to save the resultant PST files
- After that, click on the Next button to start the Exchange emails to Outlook migration process. A live status of the migration process is displayed in front of you
- As the Exchange data exported completely, the progress bar is completed and the Finish button is activated. Then, click on the Finish button and check the PST file at the defined destination location
Drawback: The above-discussed method is applicable when a user is using Exchange 2003 or below versions.
Method #3: Transfer Exchange Mailbox to PST Via Professional Solution
If a user finds the above-discussed methods complex or hard to perform, then one can switch to some third-party tool. MailPro+ EDB to PST Converter is one such application that permits users to export Exchange mailbox to PST format. The application is quick, reliable and easy-to-use that anyone can use it without any expert help. It is also capable to backup single or multiple Exchange mailboxes to Outlook PST format. Apart from all this, the application is independent of MS Outlook and Exchange environment. A user can use this application for EDB file of any version of Exchange Server. Moreover, it is compatible with all versions of Microsoft Windows and Exchange Server.
Exporting Exchange Server mailbox to Outlook PST format is not so easy task to perform. But to keep their data safe and secure, users want to export Exchange mailbox to PST format. Thus, the above post covered both the manual and professional solution for the same. One can easily choose between them and backup Exchange emails to PST format.