Mozilla Thunderbird is one of the most famous email client, which is used to store the complete information of Thunderbird in MBOX format. On the other hand, Microsoft Outlook is used to store their entire information in PST format. However, Outlook has many advanced features which are not available in Thunderbird. So, many users want to export MBOX to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 or 2007. Let’s take an example of a user who wants to transfer the mailbox data.
“I am using Thunderbird email client since 2015, so there are lots of important things like messages, meetings, conversation, tasks and contacts saved in my account. Thunderbird gives many features but I don’t feel safe on it. Thus, because of security issues, I want to switch Thunderbird to Outlook. Can anyone suggest me a relevant solution to easily import MBOX file to Outlook”?
Does the query seem familiar to you? Are you also looking a solution to convert MBOX files to PST format? If yes, then don’t worry because, in this article, we are going to explain how to convert MBOX to Outlook. There are both manual and automatic solutions discussed in the next section. Users can choose one of these methods according to their requirements.
Need to Export MBOX to Outlook PST File
There are many reasons behind the conversion process. Some of them are mentioned here:
- If a user switches their company which was working on the Thunderbird and the new company works on Outlook platform. Then, that user needs to convert MBOX files to Outlook format.
- MS Outlook provides many features like anti-spam feature to prevent any spam emails, password protection service, calendar facility which is rarely offered by any other MBOX supported email application.
- One of the major advantages of Outlook is that it supports total 96 languages.
How to Import MBOX Files to Outlook Format?
In order to access your Thunderbird files in MS Outlook program, you have to export MBOX to PST format. To perform this conversation manually, you have to follow these steps which are mentioned below:
- First, install and run the Thunderbird program on your computer system.
- After that, open the email folder of Thunderbird that you want to export into MS Outlook.
- Now, press and hold the “Ctrl” key and then select number of email items or you can also select all email messages from the folder.
- Further, right-click on the email message that you have selected in the previous step and click on the Save As option to save it.
- After that, select a folder where all the selected emails in PST format can be saved. Then, click on the Select Folder option to transfer all the messages.
- Now, open and run the Microsoft Outlook program.
- Then, right-click on the Outlook folder and select the New Folder option.
- In this step, provide a name to the new folder & click on the OK button to create the new folder.
- Now, select this recently created empty folder then choose all the email messages that you have exported from Thunderbird account to PST format.
- Then, drag all email messages to the middle pane of the Outlook & Import it into the newly created folder.
- Finally, you can see and use all email messages of Thunderbird in your Outlook application.
An Instant Solution to Export MBOX to Outlook File
The above discussed manual method is very long and time-consuming. Therefore, many users are looking for a trusted third party solution. So, it is advised to take help from the MailPro+ MBOX to PST Converter tool. It helps the users to directly export MBOX files into all versions of Outlook. It can perform the entire conversion process in an efficient manner without any fear of data loss. It allows to transfer MBOX files to Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 in bulk as well as selective emails. The tool can also migrate emails along with its associated attachments and it will maintain its folder hierarchy and data integrity after the conversion process.
In this write-up, we have discussed both manual and alternate solution of the migration process. And, it is found that there are some consequences occur in the manual procedure. If a user does not have any essential data and he or she is ready to bear data loss or data corruption then, they can choose the free manual strategy. Otherwise, the automated solution is the best and relevant for the migration in a simple and safe manner. Therefore, this alternate solution is more preferred to export MBOX to Outlook file over the manual approach.