Are you a virtual machine user? If I asked how often do you use a virtual machine? If you use a virtual machine on a daily basis then you must be familiar with the Virtual hard disk file format.
It’s a hard disk file format. The main function of the virtual hard disk file to act as an individual hard disk to store the data within a single file. We know that physical hard disk contains boot records, disk partitions, file systems and also other files and folders. The virtual hard disk files can also store such content. The virtual machine primarily uses the virtual hard disk (.vhd) as a logical disk. Alike the physical hard disk Virtual hard disk files can also lead to corruption. So in this article we will discuss how to fix corrupted virtual hard disk with the help of manual and automated solution. If the user is unable to fix this issue with the help of manual approach then user can try VHD Recovery Software
In case if the corruption occurs in the VHD file then it can lead to loss of essential files and folders including the boot files. Let’s discuss the corruption reasons of the Virtual hard disk file.
Reasons for Virtual Hard Disk File Corruption
There could be many possible reasons for Virtual Hard Disk File corruption. Some of which are:
1. Virus infection:- One of the main reason behind the VHD file corruption is that because of a virus infection. Virus infection can ruin the file on the system including the virtual hard disk file.
2. Storage Media Failure:- We know that the VHD files act as an individual hard disk but its saved on the host operating system. Due to the corruption or failure of storage the virtual hard disk files becomes inaccessible and with that, the VHD files also get corrupted.
3. Pause State of Virtual Machine:- Failure or Paused state of a virtual machine also leads to virtual hard disk file corruption. Due to this reason the users wants to know how to fix corrupted virtual hard disk file.
4. Abrupt System Shutdown Problem:- Accidental or sudden shutdown of your computer can damage both the software and the hardware components. In case if the Virtual machine is active that time then it may lead to damage VHD file.
5. Human Errors:– In virtual hard disk file corruption, the human errors are also responsible. Intentional/ accidental deletion or removal of stored files, improper disk management issues, registry modification errors are the examples of human errors that can cause corruption of Virtual hard disk files.
Manual Method To Fix Corrupted Virtual Hard Disk
The user has to try the manual tricks one by one. If you are unable to fix this issue then you should choose VHD Recovery Software to recover data from corrupt VHD files. To repair VHD files create a new virtual machine, after that the user has to add the corrupt VHD file and then compact it.
Follow the mentioned steps to fix corrupted virtual hard disk.
Step 1: The user has to create a new virtual server and add a new hard disk.
Step 2: Now the user has to click on the settings and choose the hard disk the user has created earlier. Browse the virtual hard disk file that will not load.
Step 3: Now Click the virtual disk wizard and choose the compact option. Make sure to choose “convert it to fixed size hard disk”.
Step 4: Now the user can save the VHD file with a new name.
Note – Once the user successfully compacted the virtual hard disk file, copy the virtual hard disk file to the original server and mount it.
Expert Solution to Fix Corrupted Virtual Hard Disk File
The manual method to fix this error is not easy sometimes this method won’t be able to work properly. In such a case, the user can opt for Hyper-V Recovery software. It’s a professional tool specially designed to recover highly corrupted virtual hard disk files. This VHD Recovery Software cleverly programmed to solve the corruption issues of virtual hard disk files. This software has user-friendly and interactive graphical user interface so that technical and non-technical users can easily use this software.
Follow The Mentioned Steps To Fix This Issue
Step 1: Download and Run the software
Step 2: Click on open browse and select the virtual hard disk file.
Step 3: Choose the Partition which you want to restore.
Step 4: Scan the Partition which you want to restore.
Step 5: Select the recovery mode from the quick scan and advance scan.
Step 6: Preview the Virtual hard disk file data.
From the above write up we have discussed the problem how to fix corrupted Virtual hard disk issue. We have discussed virtual hard disk file and various possible reasons of corruption of virtual hard disk file. In case if the users are unable to solve this problem with the help of manual method then the user should choose VHD Recovery Software. I will strongly recommend using the trial version of this software to experience the amazing feature.