In this article I am going to discuss that how users can create backup of Office 365 mailbox to PST format. If you are searching for the same then this blog will help you. Here I have explained two possible methods one is using eDiscovery and another is with some third party applications, you can choose any one of them as per your need.
Method 1: Best way to create backup office 365 manually
1. Open Office 365 Admin Account then go to Admin center and select Security & Compliance.
2. After selecting Security & Compliance a new window will appear on the screen. Hare you need to select Permissions and check on eDiscovery Manager.
The eDiscovery Manager window will open >>eDiscovery Administrator and click on Edit
3. Now you will see an option then click Choose eDiscovery Administrator.
- Then hit on Add >> Select the Member>> click on Add one more time >>Done and now Save it after that close the eDiscovery Manager window.
- After close this window you may see the Security & Compliance window on the screen then click search & investigation and choose eDiscovery option >>Create a case>> type the case Name and Save.
4. Once you save this case then open the case.
5. After open case you will see that a window will appear. Click search then Modify and select all Exchange Email>>Save>> Save & Run.
Here you can give the condition by clicking on Add Condition and choose the condition and then Add
6. When it’s done just type the job name & description and hit on Save.
7. Once you save this your all data will export then go to More and click on Export Results.
8. Now a window will open and choose the options then Export.
Note: Never checked on Enable de-duplication for Exchange content option.
9. When you done you need to click on Export and open the backup file. Now click Copy to Clipboard>> Download Results then install (eDiscovery Export Tool).
10. Now open the eDiscovery Export Tool and paste the clipboard, browse the location to save the PST file then click Start.
Your Office 365 Backup is successfully created on your computer
Method 2: Office 365 exchange backup using third party tool
The above suggested method is somehow complicated for the non-technical persons. So here I am going to explain another easier method which is third party tool you can use to export Office 365 backup to PST or MBOX, MSG, and EXL formats directly. There are many third party tools but here I suggest you to use MailsDaddy Office 365 Backup Tool. This is a GUI based application which helps in creating the quick backup in desired format. This tool will export all your data like Emails, Contacts, Calendars, and appointments etc within few clicks.
Follow these steps to use this tool
- First Download and install the MailsDaddy Office 365 Backup Tool on your computer
- Open the tool and login your Office 365 User or Administrator account.
- Once you log in, the application will preview all folders and select the format and browse the location.
- Now click on Export.
When you click Export it will create you Office 365 Backup into PST or selected formats.
Note: If you are an admin and you want to export all Office 365 mailboxes, then you will need to login with the administrator account and create a CSV file of all users’ mailboxes.
This feature is available for business and enterprise license users.
In this post I explain that how to export backup Office 365 mailbox to PST format. And I also discuss two possible ways for creation backup Office 365 mailboxes. So follow the best method in which you are comfortable. If you still any doubts just leave a message on the comment box. I would be happy to give the answer of your question.