Lotus Notes Domino Server is the most using client-server in the world as compared to MS Outlook’s Exchange server because Lotus Notes is more secure as compare to Outlook but because of a much complex structure of data management, the user is switching to Outlook. Lotus Notes is developed by IBM and Outlook is developed by Microsoft. Both of them are different so they use different file supporting format. Lotus Notes saves a file in .nsf format and Outlook save a file in .pst format. So if you are switching to Outlook from Lotus Notes then you need to export emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
On the basis of Business preference and industries presidency and home usability lots of time, the transformation of Notes data to Outlook data is extremely important. In this summarized article I will explain step by step all the procedures for migrating NSF to PST and causes required for conversion of Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Some Scenarios or Causes are Responsible for the Process of Conversion of Lotus Notes to Outlook.
- Outlook has a better data management system as compared to Lotus Notes.
- MS Outlook is cost-effective than Lotus Notes
- The data structure of IBM Notes is more complex to understand for a layman.
- MS Outlook provides a much user-friendly interface as compare to Lotus Notes.
- Outlook has a gentle GUI.
- Job Switching.
- Outlook is more reliable than IBM Lotus Notes for e-mails search.
- The maintenance cost of Lotus Notes is higher than MS Outlook.
- Outlook user can maintain their data very easily and effectively
Best methods to export Lotus Notes to Outlook
Two most popular method is used to export Lotus Notes to Outlook
- Using the manual method
- Using Third-party tool
Using the manual method:
The conversation of IBM data file to Outlook Data File can be done in two steps.
- Export NSF to CSV(intermediate).
- Import CSV to Outlook PST
Export NSF to CSV
- Open Lotus Notes Program
- Open NSF file.
- Open the Mailbox and then click on File Menu and click on Export.
- Provide a name to the file and select the Comma Separated value option from the file format.
- Select the option as per your requirements.
- Exported data will save at given destination location.
Import CSV in Outlook PST
- Open MS Outlook.
- Click on File Menu.
- Click on Open and Export.
- Select the Import/Export option.
- Select the Import from another Program or file from the dialog box.
- Choose Comma Separated Value option and click Next.
- Click on Browse Button and provide CSV file path and select the option as per your requirements and click on Next.
- Give a saving location to save the file and click Next.
- Click on Checkbox and then click on finish.
Using Third-Party Tool:
As you can see the manual method is so lengthy and time-consuming, therefore, the third-party tool is another solution for the process of conversion. MailsDaddy NSF to PST Converter is the best tool to export Lotus Notes to Outlook. The advantage of using this tool is there is no need to install Outlook in the machine but Lotus Notes must be installed.
System requirements for the tool:
- Processor: 2.4 GHz.
- RAM: 1 GB (2 GB Recommended).
- Operating System: All the versions of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit).
- Lotus Notes: All the editions of Lotus Notes.
- Hard Drive: 20 MB.
The process of the tool:
The MailsDaddy NSF to PST converter is easy to use and reliable. The process of the tool is very simple.
- Download and run the software on your machine.
- Open the tool.
- Click on Add files.
- Select the desired file you want to export.
- Click on Export button to start the process of migration for NSF toPST.
- Select an option from each section from the dialog box and click on Export button.
- The process has been started now you can check it from the process bar.
Important Notes about the tool:
- For the use of this tool, it is not compulsory that Outlook is installed in the machine.
- Lotus Notes must be installed in the PC.
- You can add more than one file at a time for the exportation.
- You can see the preview of the selected file.
In the above article, I explained the causes in detail for the purpose of transformation and also said that how to export mails from Lotus Notes to Outlook using the methods as per your need. If you are using a manual method to convert NSF to PST then it will take too much time for the migration. So I suggest you use a third-party tool. The MailsDaddy NSF to PST Converter tool and their support team always ready to help you.
Here I tried my best to explain everything. If you have any suggestion for the article please comment your good words in the comment box and if you have any trouble or query for the tool or process contact the Support team.