Are you looking an answer to how to migrate from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail in Windows 7, 8, 10 OS? A few years back, Outlook Express was used by many users. But, with the growing competition in the market, this email application lost its value in the information technology field. In the recent times, Windows Live Mail comes into frame and now, it is used by many users. The users of Outlook Express tend to migrate to Windows Live Mail as WLM is considered as a successor of Outlook Express I.e, DBX files to EML format. Transferring Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail is a fairly easy process. Only, some points are to be kept in mind.
“I have emails stored in Outlook Express on an old laptop. I want to get rid of that old laptop because I bought a new one. Before doing so, I need to extract my documents, emails, and photos. Also, in my new laptop Outlook Express is not supported. So, I have installed Windows Live Mail on this machine. Please, can anyone tell me, how to transfer old emails from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail? Any lead will be greatly appreciated.”
Are you facing similar problem? Does the problem seem familiar to you? If yes, then do not lose hope as the solution to the problem is not very daunting. The post explains the best technique to import messages from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail 2012 and all other editions.
Instant Solution: This article refers a proficient third party application called SysTools DBX Converter software that allows to export Outlook Express emails to Windows Live Mail in a few simple steps without any data loss.
Manual Process to Migrate From Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail
Note: Before going for the workaround solution, make sure to take backup of Outlook Express data items like emails, contacts, calendars etc.
A user has to follow the given set of instructions to export or transfer email from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail:
- Open and launch Outlook Express in the local system
- Now, in the menu section, Go to Tools or Accounts
- Then, choose the option of Mail
- Select the mail account, from which the data is to be exported to Windows Live Mail. Then, hit on Export
- All the account settings will be exported to .iaf file type
- Exit the Outlook Express application
- Now, open Windows Live Mail to migrate from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail
- Move to Tools/Accounts
Note: Hold on Alt key to see the menu bar
- Browse the .iaf files created in Outlook Express program
- Choose the desired files and import them in WLM
- Click Next
Waring: The selection of files should be done under Outlook Express
- Under the Select Folders option, choose the specific folder that you wish to transfer or select all to move the entire data to Windows Live Mail
- Hit on Next and then, Finish
The imported files and folders will be saved in Storage folders of Windows Live Mail
Limitations of Importing Outlook Express to WLM Manually
The workaround solution to migrate Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail Windows 7, 8, 10 is a simple process, but still, it comprises of some limitations. These are given as follows:
- The manual process to import data is very time-consuming.
- The damaged or corrupted DBX files cannot be exported to other platforms. Hence, they need to be repaired first.
- If any steps were taken by the user turn out to be wrong, the data can be lost.
- There are scenarios where the conversion process does not work out as per the plan.
- Therefore, the files and folders cannot be recovered.
Convert Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail: Alternative Solution
To overcome all the limitations, it is suggested to go with the automated tool like Outlook Express converter software. According to the technical experts, it is the perfect solution to export Outlook Express to Windows Live mail (DBX to EML Migration tool). It is a simple but smart utility which gives out accurate results in the short period of time. Also, no technical expertise is required to work on this tool.
The Final Words
Outlook Express is the outdated application in today’s world of technology. Also, Windows Live Mail is said to be the successor of Outlook Express. So, now almost all users migrate from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail 2012 and above editions efficiently. The manual and automated methods to move DBX to EML file format are explained in this post. A user can choose any one of the following as per the requirements.