A Smarter Way to Open NSF File in MS Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 – Get The Solution
The rise of Office 365 largely affected the users of IBM Lotus Notes. Many users are switching from IBM Notes to Outlook to avail the facilities offered by Outlook and O365. The necessity to view .NSF file in Outlook come hand in hand with this migration. To allow users open NSF file in Outlook, we will discuss different techniques in this write-up. Users will be able to read their Notes files in Outlook by implementing these methods. Before going into the main conversation, here is a related user query to export Lotus Notes to Outlook for the readers.
“I have been using Lotus Notes for last couple of years. Now I want to switch to MS Outlook because it offers better security. I can also synchronize Outlook with Office 365. However, there is no point of changing clients if I cannot access my older emails. So, I want to know before migrating that opening Lotus Notes files in Outlook is easy or not? I will be ever grateful if anyone can suggest a solution.”
Different Methods to Read IBM NSF Files in Outlook
Users can try various techniques to view NSF files in Outlook. We will talk about two different techniques of NSF emails to PST migration.
Technique #1: Manual Solution to Open NSF File in Outlook
The manual method of reading NSF file in Outlook contains two separate stages. At first, users have to export Lotus Notes emails and then, they need to import those files into Outlook. Now, we will know how to perform the manual process in details.
Save Lotus Notes Emails to Export
In order to export IBM Notes emails to Outlook, users have to save it in a format compatible with Outlook. Perform these steps to do that –
- Open IBM Lotus Notes on your machine and click on Mail tab.
- Click on File menu.
- Click on Export to make Export Wizard appear on your screen.
- In the wizard, there will be a number of options. You have to choose either “Tabular Text” or “Structured Text” because these two are compatible with MS Outlook.
- Click on Continue button.
- Finally, click on Export. Notes emails will be saved in your chosen format.
Import Notes Emails into Outlook
Now, we need to migrate this file into Outlook. For that, you have to follow these instructions.
- Launch Outlook and navigate to File>> Import and Export
- You will see Import and Export wizard on the screen.
- From the wizard, choose Import from another program or file and then click on Next.
- On the next page, choose either “Tab Separated Values (Windows)” or “Comma Separated Values (Windows)” as import file format. Click Next to move to the next page.
- Click Browse to select the file you need to import and click Next.
- Continue performing this process and click Finish to complete export of NSF files into Outlook PST.
Drawbacks to Manually View NSF Files in Outlook
If you have decided to open NSF file in Outlook, you need to get prepared to face certain drawbacks of this method. The biggest drawback of this technique is its complexity. Only technically expert users can smoothly perform this method. Other are bound to face difficulties if they attempt to execute this method. Apart from being complex, this process is also a long one. Users have to allocate a good amount of time to perform this manual method. Moreover, if you manually convert Notes files to PST to open, the risk of data loss is always there. Taking all these points into consideration, most people choose the automated method to read IBM NSF files in Outlook.
Technique #2: Automated Solution to Open NSF File in Outlook
In the automated method to view NSF files in Outlook, users simply have to use an automated software. Once you assign the software with the task of opening NSF files in Microsoft Outlook, it will start working by itself. MailPro+ NSF to PST Converter is considered as one of the top choice of users to open IBM Notes NSF files in MS Outlook. This application converts NSF files into PST and facilitates to read those files using Outlook. It can export multiple NSF files to PST simultaneously. All Lotus Notes items can be viewed in Outlook by this software. Now, have a look at the basic features of this program.
- Opens NSF file in Outlook PST format
- Supports opening bulk Lotus Notes files into MS Outlook
- Allows to preview Lotus emails before converting into PST
- Retains original folder hierarchy after exporting in Outlook
- No files size restriction for IBM Notes NSF files on this tool
- Converts selective Lotus Notes items into Outlook PST file
- Provides seven previewing modes during NSF file analysis
- Compatible with both 32-bit & 64-bit Windows OS & MS Outlook
This post has been an endeavor to share IBM Notes to Outlook PST conversion methods with the readers. Here, they will learn methods to open NSF file in Outlook. In present time, widespread usage of third-party tools is seen to avoid the limitations of manual method. Readers should choose the cited software to read & view their IBM NSF files in Microsoft Outlook.