The surprise of technology has made all devices equal. You can do the same task on your computer or a laptop as well as on your iPhone. The main difference between the two is in their mobility. We wear our iPhone everywhere with us, while we keep our computer in the office or at home.
Being mobile and able to finish work on the go is a must for a modern man. If we can use phone for work or school purposes, while we are away from a computer, we can save time by finishing easy tasks on the phone. In addition to that, we can finish some urgent tasks at any time and work or school won’t suffer. One of the most usages of mobile phones for work or school is document management. Either you need to rework your school paper, to edit a business document or to send an invoice to a client. For all these and other similar activities, you can use mobile phone and a proper application and manage your documents. Since most documents are saved in PDF form, you may ask if it is actually possible to deal with PDFs on mobile.
As we all know, PDF is a great way to share and view digital documents, but it is a read-only file. The problem when working daily with PDFs is well known, so there have been some steps in overcoming that issue. As you know, PDF converter software enables users to easily convert PDF files to word document on your computer or online. But there are also solutions specifically tailored for mobile devices.
If you are required to make some immediate changes to a PDF that your boss just sent you and you are away on your lunch break, you need to be able to do that on your phone. It is only natural then to have an app on your iPhone that will allow you to convert PDF to editable Word file, while you are away from your office.
Thankfully, we have found one useful app, developed by Cometdocs, that allows you to convert PDF to Word.
Here is a list of some its features:
- No limits on the file size or the number of files
- Accurate conversions
- OCR included (convert scanned documents)
- Cloud service integrated (import PDFs from Dropbox, Gmail, Box, iCloud, Google Drive and OneDrive)
But that’s not all, there are even more features available with the newest update:
- Upgraded with document scanner
- Auto-recognition of document edges
- Ability to crop documents
- Conversion is improved to new levels
- Reworked user interface for even better experience
Although this app is very easy to use, we have provided you with the step-by-step visual guide to walk you through the process of conversion.
How to convert PDF to Word document on iPhone
Download the PDF to Word converter app from App Store
Once you log into App Store, just type in “Cometdocs” in the search box, find the developer’s account and you should immediately see their PDF to Word app listed at the top. Check out the picture below for more info.
Installing the app is free and the same goes for conversion. Although there are some in-app purchases, but we will cover them in later steps.
Select the file you want to convert
There are three ways to select your file depending on where your file is stored.
- If your file is stored on your phone memory, you should look for your file in file manager. When you find it, tap the share option and choose to open it with PDF to Word Converter app.
- If you are importing a file from a cloud service, the procedure is much simpler. You just choose which service to use, you can use Gmail, Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box and iCloud, from within the app. Just sign in with any of these accounts and you should see a list of PDF files available.
- With the newest update, there is a third option to add an image of the document or directly scan a document. When scanning there will be additional options available to crop and rotate documents. For better quality of the scan, you can apply different filters to the document.
2. Choose the conversion type
After choosing the file you want to convert, the conversion will start right after you pick an option in a dialog box which offers you two options for converting
The first option is completely free, but it takes 60-90 minutes for a file to be converted. This can be annoying, but if you plan your time well and want to stay on the budget, this is a good free solution.
The second option is to upgrade to premium server for 9.99$, which will convert your files in a second. If the first option is a little inconvenient for you, especially if you are in hurry, you can choose the second option.
Whichever option you choose, the next steps remain the same.
3. Wait for the file to upload
You need to wait for a file to be uploaded on a conversion server and after some time, you’ll get a notification that your file has been converted.
4. Edit your file in iOS Word app
In the End
The PDF to Word converter app is a neat tool for document management tasks that can be done on the go. You don’t need to sacrifice your mobility, because all tasks can be done equally on your phone while not being in the office. If you need a helping hand when dealing with PDF, you should try this app out. What is your experience with this app? Please, provide us with your opinion in the comments below.