Lotus Notes Domino Server is the most using client-server in the world as compared to MS Outlook’s Exchange server because Lotus Notes is more secure as compare to Outlook but because of a much complex structure of data management, the user is switching to Outlook. Both of them are different so they use different file supporting formats. Lotus Notes saves a file in .nsf format and Outlook saves a file in .pst format. So if you are switching to Outlook from Lotus Notes then you need to export emails from Lotus Notes to Outlook.
On the basis of Business preference and industries presidency and home usability lots of time, the transformation of Notes data to Outlook data is extremely important. In this summarized article I will explain step by step all the procedures for migrating NSF to PST and causes required for conversion of Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Some scenarios or causes are responsible for the process of conversion of Lotus Notes to Outlook.
- Outlook has a better data management system as compared to Lotus Notes.
- MS Outlook is cost-effective than Lotus Notes
- The data structure of IBM Notes is more complex to understand for a layman.
- MS Outlook provides a much user-friendly interface as compare to Lotus Notes.
- Outlook has a gentle GUI.
- Job Switching.
- The outlook is more reliable than IBM Lotus Notes for e-mails search.
- The maintenance cost of Lotus Notes is higher than MS Outlook.
- Outlook user can maintain their data very easily and effectively
Best methods to export Lotus Notes to Outlook
Two most popular method is used to export Lotus Notes to Outlook
- Using the manual method
- Using Third-party tool
Using the manual method:
The conversation of the IBM data file to Outlook Data File can be done in two steps.
- Export NSF to CSV(intermediate).
- Import CSV to Outlook PST
Export NSF to CSV
- Open MS Outlook.
- Click on File Menu.
- Click on Open and Export.
- Select the Import/Export option.
- Download and run the software on your machine.
- Open the tool.
- Click on Add files.
- Select the desired file you want to export.
- Click on the Export button to start the process of migration for NSF to PST.
- Select an option from each section from the dialog box and click on the Export button.
- The process has been started now you can check it from the process bar.
- For the use of this tool, it is not compulsory that Outlook is installed in the machine.
- Lotus Notes must be installed on the PC.
- You can add more than one file at a time for the exportation.
- You can see the clear preview of the selected data item.