Since the Internet is gaining popularity by leaps and bounds, common people have started using it as a marketing tool to promote or market their products. Everyone is familiar with the word “Online / Internet Marketing”. In Online Marketing, customers or companies promote their brand name, products or services to prospective
Email marketing companies are using different methods of Online Marketing Services. The various methods are:
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Advertising Display
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- What are Emails?
- How do you market your products on Emails?
Let’s have a view of the best ways to make email marketing success.
1. Interpret your Customers
2. Consistency is the Key
- Send emails on a regular basis
- Keep the client’s updated about your new products
- Take into consideration their feedbacks and ask for suggestions
- Re-send the email after 3-4 days if unread
3. Personalized Professional Approach
4. Choose the Appropriate Email Marketing Agency and ToolsThere are many email marketing agencies available in the market. For e.g. Octane.in, Mail marketer, Mail Get Bolt, Kenscio, Juvlon, Vibe mail, Crux Mailer, etc.
Different agencies specialize in providing different email marketing services like SMS and Web marketing, Bulk Email provider facility, Email tracking, List Cleaning, Email Personalisation facility, Marketing Automation, Email Designing, etc.
- Tools like MailChimp helps to streamline your email marketing campaign while Constant Contact tool comes with a money back guarantee.
- Tools like Vertical Response emphasize on analytics, whereas Campaign Monitor helps to monitor email marketing campaigns.
- Email marketing services provided by Octane.in are Integrated Marketing, Performance Marketing, Agile Marketing Technology, Multi-Chanel Email provider apart from Email and SMS Marketing.
- Mail Marketer is very Budget friendly and well known for its Bulk Email Service Provider and Flexible Reseller Plans.
5. Attractive Subject LineSince clients receive ample emails during the whole day, it becomes difficult for them to open and read each mail due to time and work restrictions. Even before opening the email, the recipient of the email will be able to only view the two main things.
- The Name from where the email is received
- The Subject of the email
A few tips for Subject Lines:
Create your own natural subject line: Connect with your client emotionally, so that they love your emails. They feel the subject is created rather than copied or attached from elsewhere.
Keep it short and to the point: Short subjects have a more email opening ratio than the lengthy ones. A long sentence in the subject becomes difficult to read when a user is accessing email from their mobile.
Attractive Line attracts Attention: An attractive line or phrase has higher chances of a click rate than a boring subject line.
Ask a question: Even a subject line in the form of a question attracts clients. For e.g. Hi [name], do you love your new (brand) perfume?
Short + Simple + Meaningful + Attractive+ Creative = Strong Subject Line.
6. To the Point Quality ContentTime is money. In this fast-paced work environment, people rarely have time to check emails. So, Email Content plays a pivotal role in attracting customers. Bifurcate your content into small paragraphs rather than one single large one. Go for bullet points or numbered points to highlight information. Put relevant images for better understanding. Make the content of the email mobile friendly As per the report, approximately 66% of the emails are opened on smartphones or tabs. Have a view at the image below which clearly specifies the same.
7. A/B Testing Important
A/B testing or Split Testing helps you to survey the best version for email marketing and hence is very essential for your business.
The question is how to do A/B testing? How to create different versions?
You can split your email by these common elements:
- From line
- Subject line
- Email link
For e.g. Prepare 2 versions for email campaigns and send the 1st version to 50% of the targeted audience and the 2nd version to the remaining audience.
In this way, you can analyze which version carries the maximum% in terms of likes, clicks, open email. In the above picture, version B has more clicks and it would be more beneficial for email marketing.
MailChimp A/B Split Campaign Tool and Aweber both are classic tools for A/B testing.
MailChimp A/B testing tool is officially called "A/B Split Campaign", is very convenient and friendly to use.
8. Professional Email AddressEmail address ending with Gmail or Yahoo or any other common platform will make your email common amongst other marketing emails. Some of them are spams also.
So, it is preferred that you use a professional email id like (your firstname.lastname@example.org).
This will show your company’s name and increase the chances of opening emails and viewing content, thus increasing company reputation and business.
9. HTML Text vs Plain TextHTML text: HyperText Markup Language (HTML). It’s a code. HTML emails are nicely formatted and decorated with images. They are numbered or bulleted too.
Plain text: They are simple words on a page. It’s not a code. Plain text emails are very basic and written in simple language. They don’t have highlights, italics, bold, formatting text or images/visuals.
A survey was done with many email marketers, asking them only one question.
“Which email do you prefer sending? HTML emails or Plain emails?”
Both types are produced in their own way. They attract the audience, they enable them to view, click and read. But the question still is unanswered.
Which is better? Which is more liked?
As per research, the below image shows that 62% of the marketers love a mixed combination. I.e. HTML + Plain text.
- Design preference (HTML)
- Plain text
- Hybrid of both
10. B2B Email MarketingB2B Email Marketing is an excellent strategy every email marketing company should adopt. B2B means Business-to-Business.
B2B involves the exchange of products, services or any other business information between two companies. Since another company’s business is also involved in B2B, the focus on marketing initiatives will be on monetary gains and resources involved.
As per Salesforce.com, if you are alone, to market your product is a challenge, but if you are combined with a good B2B campaign the outcome would be great.
Meaningful call-to-action, message personalization both are most effective email marketing practice.
Emails are the most successful marketing mediums in today’s world. If Email Marketing is done taking into consideration these basic tips, then it helps generate even more sales. The email marketing company is believed the most influential medium to produce leads and conversions in a social media age and no one can deny email marketing in this digital world.