- The most common was learning to defend oneself. Knowing how to tackle a 6’1” man to the ground can save a woman, her life and her dignity.
- The next one popular solution was the development of an application that will give a woman a sense of safety, in knowing that someone is going to come to her aid, if she were to need it.
The Personal Safety App
- For some apps it the power button,
- For others, it can be the volume one as well.
- It could send a text message to your emergency contacts, along with your location.
- It could send an email or a tweet to let others know about the imminent danger for you.
- Some apps have “a rape alarm”, this is a really loud shrill whistle that would start once you press the panic button. This would frighten a lion; it is so loud, so a rapist would not stand near you.
The Most Popular Apps
- You make “a circle”, which is the app’s term for a group. This would be the group of people who matter the most to you.
- The app would show you the live locations of all members at all times.
- It also gives out notifications when the circle member leaves a place, and even once they reach a destination. This way, any delays can be taken as an emergency by the others, and help would come to calling.
- It is also helpful in knowing the location of a lost or stolen phone.
- You can send SOS signals to your connections with the press of a button or just saying a key phrase.
- The inbuilt map will let your connection know of your location at all times, especially when you feel unsafe.
- You can also be live and record an emergency video when in distress.
- It can perform its functions, even when the screen is locked.
- It can also operate even without internet connectivity.
- In emergencies, if you shake your phone or press the power button four times, it would send an SOS text with your location to your emergency contacts.
- It can take pictures of your surroundings and record 4-second audio on your phone.
- Its siren button has saved many women from assault.